Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tough Day!

I had a hard time going to work today. Last week, there’s news on TV that there will be a transportation strike and I ignored it. Because I was able to go to work early and I had no problem looking for a bus last time they had a strike. I thought that their just scaring off everybody by saying that there will be no busses next week. Today my work starts around 1PM. I thought of getting off to work at least an hour and a half early so that I can be there 30mins before my time. But today, I’m so frustrated since I wasn’t able to get a bus and I’ve been waiting for one for almost 30mins and still not a single bus wont’ show up. I tried to get a cab but still there’s a problem. All of us want to get to wherever we want to go and the only way we can get a ride to get a cab. I waited for one and finally, there’s an available cab. It’s really a bad day for me because aside from having a hard time looking for a cab, it’s really hot outside since its summer, and I’m almost late. Good thing that I wasn’t late but still I am a bit upset about what’s happening. These folks won’t do this if they don’t have any issues. They are on strike because they are upset about the continuing increase on the price of gas which definitely affects them. I just hope that the government will come up a solution on this issue so that none of these things will happen again in the future and I know that giving up one day was a tough decision for the drivers. Because they earn on a daily basis and without earning for a day means no money and their family will also suffer. I guess all of us are just having a tough day and I wish everyone to be OK.