Thursday, February 28, 2008

Perfect Job

Perfect job, sounds good right? That is something that most of us think that is really hard to have a “Perfect job”. I started to work for less than 3 years now. I worked as a customer service representative for almost 2 years. When I was a customer service representative, I actually thought that it’s an easy job and I was wrong. On my first few weeks assisting customer’s I felt that I want to resign and just watch my favorite TV series at home. Just imagine your clients asking you to do something that’s way beyond your control or I mean your capability. And if you try to reason out why you can’t do that, they’ll say that we’ve been your company’s client for along time and you won’t help me. Then you know the next thing they’ll do, they’ll ask for your supervisor or manager. Come to think of it I survived that job for almost 2 years. After the first 2 months, I am all OK now. I can assist my clients without the fear of them scolding me or anything. I even got an award for the “Top Performer of the Quarter” which I am really proud of. That is my first award received in my entire career. After receiving that award, I thought that all my hard work has been paid off. Thinking about it makes me wonder, I realized that this job makes me who I am today. I’ve learned a lot from it and I’ve improved myself. I was able to show everyone that I am capable of what I am doing. Then after almost 2 years, last year I was accepted as a Quality Analyst. This is a different position, new challenges, and new work environment. Then again, I tried to back track what happened to me and it made me smile. I never thought that I’d love what I am doing right now and I never thought that this will be almost like a “perfect job” for me. I think having a perfect job is not impossible it’s all about enjoying your job and learning to love it.