Monday, February 25, 2008

Credit Card Spending Tips

I currently have 3 credit cards that I maintain. I had an issue with one of my cards before and believe me you don’t want this to happen to you anymore. Each day someone from the credit card company will call you and they’ll ask you to pay your debt. And it’s really irritating. If I have the money to pay for everything, I will gladly pay them off. Unfortunately, I don’t so I have to pay the consequences. There are lots of things I’ve learned from that experience. I learned that credit cards are not always good to use and you need to manage your money every time. Number one tip that I can give you is to treat your credit card as cash. What I mean is, don’t use your card if you are not sure if you can pay it within a month or 2. This is to avoid paying interest because if you failed to pay it off completely after you received your statement you’ll be paying the interest that your credit card company will charge you. Second, try to check for promos like a no interest promos. This way you’ll avoid paying interest plus you can pay off your purchase within a couple of months based on the promo instructions. And lastly, if you can afford not to get a credit card and pay everything off in cash that is really great. Because you will definitely be avoiding the credit card issues and you’ll have a peaceful life because you don’t have to worry about bills that you need to settle.