Sunday, April 20, 2008

Safety Tips on Walking After Dark

To all of us, it is never safe to walk after dark. I mean all kinds of bad things might happen and we all want to avoid it. When I was working, my schedule was night shift and during those times I was always nervous walking out on the streets. I get used to it but I looked for some tips on how it can be safe walking after dark.

TIPS ON STAYING SAFE AFTER DARK:

  • - Be visible. Use reflective clothing and accessories that will make it easier for motorists to notice you.
  • - Walk on sidewalks all the time, be careful on alleys because this is where some vehicles may appear unexpectedly, and pay attention to headlights.
  • - Carry a flashlight for you’ll be able to see better and others will see you better too.
  • - Beware of bad guys and to do this, you’ll have to look tough. Try to wear a shirt that has a police or military logo and walk with confidence.
  • - Never walk on an exact route on the same time every day.