Monday, April 7, 2008

Our Fiesta

It’s fiesta in our Barangay last Sunday. I never get to experience our fiesta last year because of my job so I am so excited this year. We are so busy all morning to preparing foods because every fiesta everyone will visit your place so you better have plenty of food for those who will visit your place. We have parlor games for kids and we also have some events. In our place we had a dance contest where all teenagers compete with one another, then we had a singing contest, and then we had a beauty contest which is very exciting because one of friends was a contestant on that pageant which makes me so busy. I haven’t had enough sleep since last Saturday because of those events because it only happens once a year that’s why I don’t want to miss it. Well you see, during these days I noticed that all of us are happy and we forget all our problems. All we do is to welcome those people who come in to our house and we serve them food. I mean why, can’t we all care about everyone like that everyday. Why do we have to wait for a fiesta before we show to everybody that we care about them or maybe we are just showing off because it’s fiesta. I mean that’s our tradition and yes we can never change that. But, what I want to say is it will be better if really care for other people everyday and not just for a day. Yes, all of us in our place had a good time celebrating our fiesta. But I wish that all of us will learn to care for one another not just for a day but forever.