Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Old Woman

I was on my way home from work when I saw this old woman asking for a little help from those busy people that doesn’t even care to look at her. I stopped to check her out and because I think that she’s really in need I gave her 100 pesos (well that’s the only amount I can afford that time). She took my hand and said “thank you” that moment I felt that she’s really in need. I know that money is hard to earn these days but I don’t think that it is right not to share it to those people who are in need. Most of us usually think that they are just asking for money to spend on things that they don’t need. All I can say is, ask your self, “What if they really are in need?” and “What if that person is hungry?” Some of us would say that those people should get a job. But I don’t think it applies to elderly people. I don’t think they deserve to be neglected. I just wish that our Government would do something about it. Let us put our selves in their shoes and probably we will be able to understand those people.