Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Life Back Then

I woke up early yesterday (5:00AM) even though my work starts at 1PM which is weird because I should still be sleeping around those times. While trying to think of what to do, I thought of my old friends. You see, back then I have close friends who are always with me. We always hang out with each other every summer even though we don’t have anything to do. I thought that life was much easier back then. My life evolves around my friends, my hobbies, and family. Sometimes, I think it will be much better if it all stayed the same. Right now, what I’m always thinking is how to earn money and how to enjoy my life. I am happy right now but the happiness that I experienced before is different from the happiness that I am experiencing right now. Before we just always talked about our crush and we’re happy just by discussing those things. Now, we don’t hang out anymore. They have their own family and I have my work that consumes all my time. On my way to work, I was thinking of calling one of my close friends in college. I called her up and she’s crying. I asked her why and she said “It’s my husband. I don’t think I had made the right decision marrying him.”. Without knowing anything about those things, I had nothing to say but to advise her to try to talk with her husband about the issue. After we end the call, I was thought that marriage really is a serious thing. I’ve learned that marriage is not something that you can just decide easily unless you are ready to face the married life. Right now, I am not ready to have a family yet. Having your own family is really good but it is something that you should think carefully and you have to prepare yourself. I just focus on my career for now.